With a busy weekend, and being sick, I slacked a little, so you all get a double post here.
Weekly Update:
Current Weight: 156
Weight Lost to date: 2 pounds
Weight loss to go: 11 pounds
WOOHOO! Another pound. I love when that happens.
CHEERS
- I made it to the gym three times last week. Much better I'd say.
- I drank at least 32 ounces of water a day. Not as much as I'd like, but a definite improvement
- Every time I ate out, I chose from the healthy menu. At the blogger meet up with Brittany, Emily and Holly, I had a delicious egg white omelet with mushrooms, broccoli and a side of fruit.
JEERS
- I am in charge of the student of the month breakfast. This means organizing the awards and setting up the breakfast. I ate a half a donut from the breakfast. While this is totally a jeer I was proud I only ate half which pales in comparison to the two I would eat when I was pregnant
- I was supposed to take a spinning class on Sunday. I'm recouping from strep throat, so instead I took a nap.
- Instead of cooking dinner on Saturday night, I baked a frozen pizza.
I have to say, I think I'm doing pretty good. I'm a big believer in everything in moderation, so I try to stick to that mantra. Knowing I have to post my progress on here has definitely helped me turn away from some things I normally wouldn't think twice about.
And now....Soupy Sunday - Monday Edition
Spaghetti Soup
This recipe was given to me by my mom. She used to make this when we were kids, so it is total comfort food.
1/2 pound ground beef
1 medium onion, diced
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 quart beef stock
1 14oz can tomato sauce
1 1/2 cups broken spaghetti, uncooked
1 tsp. parsley flakes
1 bay leaf
1/2 tsp. oregano
salt and pepper
Brown ground beef and drain grease. Add onions and garlic; cook until soft. Add the remaining ingredients and cook until the spaghetti is done.
Love it. It's so easy and so yummy. To increase the health factor I used ground sirloin, wheat pasta and low sodium beef stock.
2 comments:
Looks delish!!
If I choose a not so healthy option (like I kind of did at brunch) I tried to use portion control. It also helps when I leave my left overs, including the muffin for J, at the restaurant! haha
It was so nice meeting you! Hope we can get together again soon!!
A loss is a loss! Congrats!
I've never seen/heard of spaghetti soup, but I am going to have to try it! It looks so good/ fun!
Post a Comment