Yesterday at 12:52 my little surprise came into the world. We had the induction scheduled for 6:00 a.m. but Harper decided she had the final say in when she would be born and my water broke around 3:30 in the morning. I had been waking up with contractions throughout the night but after that they started coming every 6 minutes and started getting more intense. So I woke Joe up a little earlier than planned and we headed in to the hospital.
Having the appointment already scheduled was nice because they were expecting us even though we were a little early and we got put right in our room. I checked in at 6cm. dilated and
within the hour I had my epidural and Joe and I were resting up for her big moment. Around 11:45 I was 10 cm and could feel the urge to push. The nurses had me do some pushing to help get her down ready for birth before the doctor came, but then her heart rate started acting funny. It would drop real low and then get real high, so after a half hour of pushing, they made me stop and called the doctor. He showed up around 12:45 and and decided she either came out with forceps right then or I would have to have a c-section. After that decision it was a whirlwind and 12 minutes later Harper Lynn Kelley came squalling into the world. She was 8 pounds 1 ounce and 21 inches long. Quite a bit bigger than I was expecting. She checked out well and has been such a joy since. I'm doing well. I knew there would be pain and I did have to have a small episiotomy...so I'm taking the wonderful motrin the hospital provides.
Joe and I are so happy and in love with our little girl. We can't wait to get her home and really get to know her.
5 comments:
Awe...Nikki!!! She's precious!!! Love her name too. Congrats Mommy, Daddy & Baby!! XOXO
Congrats! Your life will never be the same. Enjoy the first days! :)
Aw!! Congratulations!! I just love the name Harper! Enjoy every minute:)
CONGRATS! And welcome Harper!
OH my gosh! I have missed so much! CONGRATS!@! How fabulous:) Welcome to the world baby Harper!
Post a Comment