Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Two weekends ago Harper and I made the trip to Kansas City to visit my BFF Emily and her family.  We have always flown before but airline tickets were ri-donk-ulous.  Like $900 for the two of us.  So we loaded up the Subaru and set out for a good old American road trip.  Harper did awesome on the car drive.  I had a bunch of activities for her to do, and some movies of course.  I was surprised by how much time she spent just looking out the window.  The best tip I learned: get picture books on CD.  We had some and checked out a few more from the library.  She is able to follow along with the story and it was really easy for me to just pop in the cd's.

While there, we got to check off item number 5 on our bucket list: Go to a farm.
Feeding the baby cows

Tractor ride.  Too bad she's TERRIBLE at pedaling.

Wagon Ride

"Help!  Let me out of here!"

One day we took a trip downtown, where they have lots of amazing things to do.  While walking through Crown Center we happened upon someone dressed as Elsa.  There was like no line, and you just walked up and took your own pictures.  Considering the Frozen obsession around here, that was definitely the highlight of her day!

Snuggled up watching cartoons.
 On the way home, Harper asked if we could go up in the St. Louis Arch.  I had never been before, and what good is a road trip without a stop to see one of America's greats?

It was a great trip visiting with friends and cruising the countryside.  I am having such an amazing summer with this little girl.  I will be really sad going back to work this year.  Sadder than any year previous I think.  I'll just make sure to soak up as much time as I can.

No comments: