Monday, August 15, 2011

We're not in Kansas anymore

But we were this weekend. Harper and I boarded a plane to visit my best friend and her family in KC this past weekend.







We got lucky both on the way there and back that there was an empty seat for Harper. She loved looking out the window and waving the houses she could see below.


Emily has a super cute little boy who just turned one, so the kids got to spend a lot of time playing together.



Can you tell they were both working on new teeth? There was a lot of chewing happening.


We did a lot of fun things with the kids. There was splash time at the pool.


A romantic stroll through the park.


And the obligatory embarrassing bath picture of them together.



I had a ton of fun catching up with Ems. It's been hard having her so far away as we both go through the crazy journey of having kids. Spending this time together was so great. We're already planning a vacation for our two families for next Spring. I can't wait to see how the kids have changed by then.

2 comments:

ALin said...

How fun! And it looks like you guys had a blast - what a cute couple you have on your hands :)

Mrs EyeCanSee said...

I LOVE all your pictures! You'll definitly have to make sure you send them to me too!

Had a great weekend hanging out with you and Harper! Wish we could do it more often!