Last Saturday Harper stayed the night with Grandma. Joe and I love these nights off (although I might be a little overprotective and call like three times...I'm sure this will go away as the newness of mommie-hood wears off)With our night off we went to two places we've been meaning to go to forever.
The Elevator Brewery and Draughthaus - I ordered the pork chops. The menu said they were glazed with maple...what it should have said is they are doused in maple syrup...it was delicious.
We followed that up with a trip to The Book Loft, a fabulous book store with 32 rooms of books!
After that, we went to the Giant Eagle to get dessert and bottle of wine so we could indulge in some relaxation time on the couch. Mind you, it's 10:30 on a Saturday night...this means the weirdos are out in our neighborhood. Three people ahead of us are two women, dressed in leopard printed tight dresses and f*ck me heels, way too old to be dressed like that and way too tan for May in Ohio. They bought gum and cigarettes...and payed with a check. Yes, like write out a check and run it through the check reader...I haven't seen that in years.
Behind them was a man doing actual grocery shopping...toilet paper, milk, bread, the staples every person needs at 10:30 on a Saturday night.
Next was a young guy buying a bottle of barbecue sauce...that's it. A bottle of BBQ sauce. I don't think I want to know what late night plans require the purchase of only a single bottle of BBQ sauce.
Then it was us, and behind us were three college aged gentlemen buying beer. Three very strong looking guys leaving one guy to carry all the beer. He proceeded to drop a box, the beer bottles broke and leaked all over and he wanted to know if he had to pay for it. His buddy of course knew the answer "No way dude, the box ripped. You don't have to pay for a defective box." Somehow I think the defect was the fact that one guy was carrying all the beer while his buddies stood around and debated if they should go to Frog Bear or not.
And then to top it all off, as we left we saw a homeless hippie outside the store. We knew he was homeless from the random garbage bag of stuff he was carrying. We knew he was a hippie by the tye-dye shirt her wore under his overalls.
I need to start carrying my camera with me…and I need to figure out how to take pictures of these people without being obvious.
2 comments:
LOL Sounds like a fun night out! I love the POTW. Too funny!
I can't believe you've never been to the Elevator! I love the cook your own steak on the hot stone thing...I'm sure it has a more concise name, but whatevs!
Lucky you for scoring 2 entire nights off in a mere 4 weeks! I don't think I'll be able to part with my little guy overnight so soon...but ask me again once he's here!
Post a Comment