Monday, July 22, 2013

Expanding a little

I've been wanting to start blogging about my job as a math teacher.  There is a huge community of educators blogging about what they are doing in their classrooms, giving each other ideas and support, and just generally sharing the experiences of teaching.  I really want to jump in to that.  I thought for a minute about starting a separate blog, but the few of you who actually read this know that I'm not the best at keeping up with this one blog, let alone another one.  So I'm going to just go ahead and expand the content of what I blog here.  If you are a follower, I hope that these posts don't bore you, in fact I often love the input of people outside of education.  I hope that any new followers from the teaching world don't find my life posts to weird.

As a first jump into the world of blogging about teaching I wanted to share a letter one of my students wrote to me this year.  When I received this I was absolutely moved.  I have a folder of memories I keep to look back on and remind me of all the wonderful things about teaching.  This will be one I pull out often.

No comments: