Sunday, February 10, 2013

There are still firsts

It seems that once your baby gets out of the baby stage you forget that there are still so many firsts to experience with them.  Because these firsts come less often, they are even more special and enjoyable.

Tonight we took Harper to her first hockey game.

She had a blast.  At first she was overwhelmed because it was so loud, and it was dark while they did all the pre-game intro stuff.  But once she realized that loud noise was music she could dance to, she spent the rest of the evening jumping and dancing like crazy, intermixed with some nachos, ice cream and hunting for the mascot Stinger.  She watched very little of the game, but always chimed in with a loud "Booooo" for the other team and a "You can do it guys" for the Jackets.

It was probably the best game I've been to in a long time.  The Jackets didn't win, and I didn't have any beers, but the quality time spent with Harper doing something Joe and I both enjoy really made it a great night!

1 comment:

Moments and Impressions said...

How fun!! Eva's first hockey game was my first and I loved it...