Saturday, November 5, 2011

Are you Effing kidding me

I am a firm believer that just because you have a kid doesn't mean your life has to revolve entirely around them. You are allowed to continue to have your own life. I also believe it's valid to take your kids with you when you go to different places so they learn what is appropriate behavior in various situations. So you usually won't catch me judging other moms out in public.

Friday night is an exception.

Harper was staying the night with my parents so Joe and I took the opportunity to catch a movie. He really wanted to see Contagion, so we headed to Easton where we spent 9.50 (a whole other story by the way) to see this quite serious movie about an epidemic killing millions of people. Right before the movie starts this couple comes in...with their two year old. Seriously...you brought your kid to this movie.

All credit to the little girl, she did a great job given the circumstances. Her mother on the other hand was about to be on the receiving end of several punches in the face from me. She had the nerve to shsh her daughter several times, tell her to shut up, and the worst..."shut up or I'll whoop you." Really. You're going to spank your child because she won't be quiet in the theater showing a movie that has no potential to catch her interest, and it's almost 9pm. I'll tell you what woman...you deserve that whoopin. If I had any less control...I would have given it to you.

Damn straight I was judging that mom.

1 comment:

Mrs EyeCanSee said...

Wow. That's pretty ridiculous. Some people should not be allowed to have children.