Monday, September 27, 2010

At least they use their brains for something

I am often amazed at how much brain power students will put into getting out of doing work, when it would take way less to just do it. Here's a true story.

I have a student whose some what of a drama queen. He (that's right, he) finds any excuse he can to get sent to the clinic so he can get out of class. It's to the point where unless he has a fever, he's not allowed to go to the clinic. Well, that wasn't going to stop him.

Yesterday, he shows up in the clinic and gets his temp taken. I happen to be down there on my conference period. His temp was 104.8. Now this is such an extreme temperature, and this kid is obviously not that sick. So the nurse makes him wait 20 minutes and takes his temp again...sure enough, 97.8. He says, and I quote "Wow! That went down really fast."

Turns out he drank a whole bunch of scalding hot water right before coming down.

Why oh why can't he put those brains and creativity into just doing his work?

No comments: