Sunday, February 28, 2010

Today's Biggest B*tch award goes to...

Me. I was at Joe's hockey game tonight and made a complete fool out of myself. Here's the story:
Me: See that guy out there, his girlfriend is pregnant.
Other Hockey Wife: I think it's his fiance now. They got engaged soon after they found out she was pregnant.
Me: Yeah we were at dinner a couple weekends ago after a game and Joe introduced me to him as his "baby mama" which I hate. That guy said, "yeah, I have one of those. My girlfriend is pregnant." After dinner I told Joe, "That's why I don't like when you call me that. He has a baby mama, you have a pregnant wife. We meant to have this baby and they didn't."

On it's own, this conversation is not so bad. About 15 minutes into the game however, we find out that the girl sitting in the next section over is...you guessed it...that guy's fiance. I'm sure she heard the whole thing where I called her his baby mama and how that was insulting to me.

I was completely embarrassed. I guess my spot in hell is getting a little hotter.

1 comment:

Mrs EyeCanSee said...

Oops! Insert foot here! I also don't like the term knocked up for the same reason. To me knocked up is what happens to girls in high school, not resposible married people who are trying to have a baby.