Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Three Hour Tour

This morning was my three hour glucose tolerance test. Having not eaten anything since 7:30 last night, spending three hours in the lab was the last thing on my list of things I wanted to do that morning. Here's how I spent my time...
7:30 check-in
7:35 first blood draw to make sure I can even do the test..score 82 which is good.
7:40 finish slamming the gross orange glucola drink and head out to the waiting room to kill the first hour
8:10 Tom Petty's "Waiting is the Hardest part" plays on my i-pod...irony in it's sweetest form
8:15 Got to listen to the world's longest story from a 70 year old woman about how they didn't have ultrasounds when she had kids, so she had twins without knowing it. Seriously, that was the entire story but it took her about 30 minutes to tell it.
8:40 Burped up some orange glucola heartburn...disgusting
8:50 Saved from another long story from grandma by my second blood draw.
9:10 Dr. Oz told me I should buy organic apples and potatoes...thanks for the info Dr. Oz...how did you ever get your own 1-hour show.
9:50 Third blood draw kicked off by a dirty look from some lady because she apparently didn't think it was fair I got to go in before her. Look lady, I've been her waaaaaay longer than you, you just don't know it.
10:00 Rachel Ray comes on t.v and shows us how to make macaroni and cheese jalapeno poppers...not something I would traditionally salivate at, but in my current state, any food temptation is making me go all Pavlov's dog in the waiting room.
10:25 The baby decided it had waited patiently enough to be fed and decided to go on a 20 minute internal abuse rampage. That felt great on my sugar coated stomach.
10:49 Called Joe to let him know I was about to have my last blood draw and he'd better be ready to jump into a moving car if he wanted to go to lunch with me.
10:50 Last blood draw.
11:15 Enter the Bob Evan's and order Apple Pie Fries (delicious) eggs, sausage, home fried and pancakes. Ahhh....sweet gorging...the best part of my day.

I will hopefully get my results tomorrow, and hopefully that Bob Evans won't be my last carb-induced food fest for 10 weeks.

2 comments:

Amy said...

I hope it all goes well!

Mrs EyeCanSee said...

Good luck! Hopefully you pass with flying colors! And holy cow was that a bob evans feast...my stomach hurts just reading all of it!