Wednesday, December 30, 2009

What the heck is

Maternal Tissue. I was reading some information about how the weight you gain during pregnancy is distributed.
7 - 9 pounds of baby
2 pounds of placenta
2 pounds of amniotic fluid
4 - 5 pounds of increased blood volume
2 pounds uterine enlargement
3 - 4 pounds of fluid in maternal tissue
1 pound of breast enlargement to prepare for breastfeeding
Any remaining pounds are a general deposit of fat required by the body for breastfeeding and energy stores

All of it makes sense except maternal tissue...I will look up what it actually is, but I would love to hear what some of you thought it might be when you first read the question.

2 comments:

Brittany said...

I thought like real tissues at first...from all of the crying an emotions! haha I am the last person to be asked this question!!!

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

Wow, gave birth about 18 mos. ago and I have NO idea what that is. Ah ha ha