Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Blockbuster/Amc can kiss it

Since the invention of paper view, and now with the expansion of digital movie for purchase, I'm bot sure how blockbuster stays in business. I can purchase a movie through our pay per view channels (no, not the dirty ones) for 3.99. Blockbuster rents their movies for 5.99. That two dollar savings buys me a diet coke and some sour skittles at the corner store. Definitely a plus for the digital tv age.

Amc charges 9.00 for a movie and offer no student discount. Not that I'm a student any more, but the old id still works. The Movie Tavern in Hilliard is 7.oo but you can get in for 6.00 with your student id. They also serve food and beer. That means for the same price as two tickets to the AMC you can get two tickets and two beers at Movie Tavern. The points are definitely awarded to the Tavern for this one.

No comments: